Tuesday, March 3, 2009

God and the Devil

I played "God" in an improvised scene for some promotional material at work last week. It was "God" spreading the word of the Bible via YouTube. It was interesting. The "director" gave me a lot of leeway, offering only advice and directions of "move left" and "cut that part out to speed it up." It is making its debut tonight, and could very well be used in a marketing campaign coming up this spring. Yay. I think I made God proud...

Until the following Saturday, when I played Satan in an improvised scene at Outtakes' practice. It wasn't a "bad" Satan, per se: I just talked Jeff into killing himself to become the new Satan. That's all. Then he killed "Satan." The end.

I think God liked my performance better than Satan. At least, I can only hope.

And pray.

I mean, I'd hate for Satan to be so proud of my performance he recruits me to Hell to play him in some autobiographical-self-fellated biopic just to appease his ego.

Unless the pay was right.

Pay = money, with no mention of my soul in the contract. Got it?

Wooooooooooolhouse

No comments: