Sunday, January 18, 2009

Are You Fonder Yet?

"Absence makes the heart grow fonder..." A cliche I'm hoping anyone that reads my blogs subscribes to. It's been many a month since I've written. That's dumb. I'm going to write more. Not because I believe in "quanity over quality." It's because I have something to say, dammit.

I've got a new motto. A new philosophy. A new outlook. And it goes thusly:

"Today is my favorite day of the week."

Why? Because yesterday is over and done with: I can't go back and relive the good times, and I can't return to fix the bad times. And tomorrow . . . well, who even knows if it is going to be around when I get there. But today . . . oh man, what I can do today. What I can create today. What I can teach my daughter today. What I can do to show my wife I love her today. What I can do with my friends today. What I can perform on stage, draw in my sketch pad, teach myself to do, practice to master, learn about elephants, offend old people talking about . . .

I love today.

And I hope I never stop.

The 'House

No comments: