Tuesday, August 25, 2009

My wife...

My daughter and wife were singing a song from the day care last night as we walked home from having ice cream. The base of the song goes like this:

"Down by the bay- down by the bay- where the watermelons grow. Back to my home. I dare not go. For if I do, my mother will say..."

And then it goes into a chorus, which goes something like: "Did you ever see a bear, sitting on a chair?" See that rhyming in there? That's the important part. So it could be: "Did you ever see a monkey getting real funky?"; "Did you ever see a goat, driving a boat?" Whatever.

So my wife goes. She sings, "Did you ever see a moose, hanging from a noose?"

I have never laughed harder at her. Not that it was incredibly funny or anything. Just that this was MY WIFE singing a song to my not-quite-three-year-old-daughter, and SHE is so shocked by what she just sang her hands are covering her mouth, eyes bulging, trying to hold it in...

Gosh, I never knew she was so violent. And racist against antlered-mammals.

The 'House

No comments: